You may see the X3DAudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors in your computer when launching a program. The error messages can read either:
- X3DAudio1_7.dll Not Found
- The file x3daudio1_7.DLL is missing
- The program can’t start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix problem.
The X3daudio1_7.dll file is related to DirectX package, so programs that use DirectX (games or other graphics applications) will report this error when there’s something wrong with the DLL file. But don’t worry. You can fix the error message with the solutions in this post.
How do I fix X3DAudio1_7.dll Missing or Not Found Errors
Here are the solutions that have helped other users resolve their problem. You shouldn’t have to try them all. Just try each one in turn until everything’s working again.
- Restore the X3DAudio1_7.dll file
- Install DirectX End-User Runtimes
- Reinstall the application
- Copy the file from another computer
If X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing or not found in your computer, you can fix your problem by restoring the missing file in your computer. To do so, use the DLL-files.com Client.
The DLL-files.com Client will fix your DLL error in one click. You don’t have to know what system is running on your computer, and you don’t need to worry about downloading the wrong file. The DLL-files.com handles it all for you.
- Download and install the DLL-files.com Client.
- Run the application.
- Type X3DAudio1_7.dll in the search box and click Search for DLL file.
- Click x3daudio1_7.dll in the search result.
- Click Install (you’re required to register the program before you can install the files – you’ll be prompted when you click Install).
Once install, check if your x3daudio1_7.dll missing problem has been fixed.
The DirectX End-User Runtimes package provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX – the core Windows technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC. So you can fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors by installing this package in your Windows computer.
- Go to Windows End-User Runtimes download page.
- Select the appropriate language, and click Download.
- Run the downloaded file, and follow the prompted instructions to finish installation.
- Restart your computer and try the application that gave the error to see if it works now.
This should resolve your issue. If not, don’t worry. We have other solutions for you.
As you can see in the error message, reinstalling the application can fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors, because the installation files may contain the required DLL file. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and click OK.
- Right click the program that gave the error (in my case it’s Skype), then select Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall the program.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall the program and launch the program.
You can also fix this error by copying the same file from another computer and paste it to your own. To do so:
- Find another computer that runs the same operating system as yours.
The versions (Windows 10/8/7) and architectures (32-bit/64-bit) of both operating systems must be the same.
- On that computer, open File Explorer (by pressing the Windows logo key and E on your keyboard), then go to C:WindowsSystem32 and copy the X3DAudio1_7.dll there.
- Paste the copied file to the same location (C:WindowsSystem32) on your own computer. (You may need an external storage device, like a flash drive.)
Try launching the application again and it should be working.
That’s it. Hope this post serves its purpose and help you fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors
If you have any further questions, feel free to add a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to help.