You can’t hear sound via HDMI If you have problem with NVIDIA high definition audio driver. It is not easy to download the NVIDIA high definition audio driver manually. Here you will learn how to download and update NVIDIA high definition audio drivers for Windows 7.
There are 3 ways you can use to update the driver:
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Device Manager.
2. In Device Manager, locate NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device. Usually, you can find it under category Sound, video and game controllers. Right click on it and select Update Driver Software…
3. In the pop-up window, you will see two options. Click the first option Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will find and install drivers for your video device automatically.
If Windows fails to update the drivers, you can download the latest drivers from manufacturers.
You can download and install the driver from PC manufacturer or NVIDIA. If you are using a branded computer, it is recommended that you check for the latest NVIDIA high definition audio driver on PC manufacturer’s website first, as they may customize the driver. Before you get started, ensure that you know the PC model and the specific operating system (See How to Get Windows Operating System Version).
Alternatively, you can download and install the driver from NVIDIA. High definition audio drivers are part of Graphics card driver package. So if you want to update NVIDIA audio drivers, just download the driver package for your Graphics card.
Refer below steps:
1. Go to NVIDIA download page.
2. Select the product information and system information depending on the Graphics card and system version that you are using . (Here take “GeForce GTX 760” and “Windows 10 64-bit” as example.) Then click on SEARCH button.
You can get the Graphics card model under category “Display adapters” in Device Manager.
3. Click Download button.
4. Click AGREE & DOWNLOAD button.
5. After download completes, just double-click on the downloaded file (.exe file) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
The driver will be installed in Express way by default. In this way, all components in the whole driver package will be installed. If you just need to install HD audio drivers and not the whole driver package, choose Custom Install and uncheck the other optional driver packages.
If you are having difficulty in downloading and installing drivers manually, you can use a driver update tool to help you. You can expect that much time will be saved by using a driver update tool.
Way 3: Update the Driver using Driver Easy
Driver Easy can scan your computer and detect all problem drivers, then provide you with new drivers immediately. It has Free version and Professional version. Both versions can be used to download drivers automatically. But with Professional version, you can enjoy higher download speed and full features including one-click update features. In that case, to update NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver, all you need to do is click your mouse 2 times.
1. Click Scan Now button. Then Driver Easy will scan your computer in a few seconds and provide you with new drivers instantly.
2. Click Update All button. Then all drivers will be downloaded and installed automatically. If you just want to update the NVIDIA high definition audio driver, click the “Update” button.
Driver Easy Professional version offers 30-day money back guarantee and free expert tech support guarantee. You can contact us for further assistance regarding any driver issues including the NVIDIA high definition audio driver issue. If you are not satisfied with the product and the service, just ask for a full refund. Download Driver Easy to fix any driver issue Now.